This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Resource uptime for VMs as a percentage?

Hello.

I have to produce monthly server uptime stats for Client SLAs, I use a 3rd party app to do this based on a %age of ping responses. Profiler's system up-down time report is exactly what I'm after as I could schedule it on a monthly basis, but it only gives me a report on servers with the agent installed.

Is there any way to report on all servers known to Profiler, physical and virtual, to provide an uptime percentage?

Cheers, Lee.

• Lee -

It looks like the only report that will show anything uptime related for VMs is the "system current uptime" report but that does not give you the up/down percentage that you are looking for.

At this point, without agents on the VMs, you wont be able to pull % up/down stats with the "system up-down time report".  I'm guessing that we do not get that data from Vmware's API.

I would suggest submitting a support case (solarwinds.com/support/ticket/) to request this ability in future release and see if the up/down percentage data collection is possible without an agent on the VM.

Thanks