This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Notification when device has not been polling in x time. OR status is not Green check.

I would like to have an alert or a report I could schedule to run daily that tells me when a device is not being polled. We have SMI-S agents that like to check out and if we don’t check on all of our systems frequently we do not know they are down.
  • Since the profiler agent monitoring the storage arrays via the smi-s agents sends traps to the Profiler server (seen in the Events tab for any of your storage array resources you are monitoring), you can create a report to be scheduled using the Events reports in the quick reports with a filter on your storage arrays in question. The agent will send a trap when it starts collection for each data type (asset, storage and performance) and another trap when when those threads complete. Using this knowledge, you can schedule a Current Event report. When looking at your report, look for resources that have not sent a completed trap in an amount of time at least greater than what you have set in the settings (wrench icon) for that particular resource. 

Hope this helps!