cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netapp CPU Busy Percentage

Why dont we have NetApp CPU Busy Percentage performance metrics in SRM(Orion) ? This is present in SRM (Profiler) for 7-mode devices, but was upset not to see that in SRM (Orion) where we added C-mode devices. Couple of our devices are working hard and we need to monitor its CPU utilization and Total IOPS which we are not able to do....

15 Replies
Highlighted
LubomirKrausko
Level 11

Re: Netapp CPU Busy Percentage

In the SRM Orion v6.0 there is really nothing like that, thank you for this feedback, we will discuss this internally.

Thank you for pointing this out!

0 Kudos
brianflynn
Level 12

Hi kaushikpathak‌.  I'm the Product Manager for Storage at Solarwinds.  Thank you for this note. As LubomirKrausko‌ said, we will discuss this.

0 Kudos

Thanks Brian and Lubomir for your concern and consideration. Will await and look forward for a positive response on this.

0 Kudos
morissey
Level 7

Definately second this as a feature. We are currently in the middle of a PoC which includes SRM. CPU stats on a NetApp filer are one of the key indicators of potential issues in conjunction with IOPS and latency and therefore would be really useful.

0 Kudos
bladegillete
Level 9

Hi brianflynn, I'm wondering if there has been an update on kaushikpathak's feedback? Thanks.

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Hi bladegillete‌,

We've tracked this enhancement (internal: SRM-11369) and will consider implementation in one of future releases.

Jiri

0 Kudos
bladegillete
Level 9

Okay thank you. This enhancement would be very useful for us once implemented.

0 Kudos
DaveStraley
Level 10

I would like to second this.  In large Netapp deployments you will run out of CPU power before you run out of anything else.  Many times high Latency is caused by the controllers being too overloaded on CPU (higher than 90%).  For Netapp CPU is critical.

0 Kudos
DaveStraley
Level 10

You could always create a custom SNMP poller. This OID should give you the CPU busy % across the cluster.

OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.789.1.2.1.14.1.4

Cheers,

Dave

0 Kudos