Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

LUN Total Latency greater than 50ms - Need notification knowing which array

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please see screenshot attached

Is there a way to receive notification based on the array's serial for LUNs Total Latency exceeding 50ms? It seems the only way to do this is to alert you from a pool of LUNs from multiple arrays, but it doesn't tell you from which array, only the LUN that was triggered. I would like a more granular notification that tells me the LUN and the array. When I add a condition for the Storage Array I can select the serial, but adding another condition doesnt show me the LUN objects. Same goes if I select the LUN object, it doesn't show me the Storage Array objects so I can select the serial. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,

SolarWinds.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

Another option is try a swql alert for the LUN. This seems to test ok in swql studio. 

SELECT LUNs.Uri, LUNs.DisplayName
FROM Orion.SRM.LUNs as LUNs

WHERE ( ( LUNs.[IOLatencyTotal] > '50' ) ) AND LUNs.StorageArray.SerialNumber = 'xxxxxxxx'

Looks like you can select Storage ID in the scope section of the web alert. That is not the as the serial number, but it should work. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 11

Another option is try a swql alert for the LUN. This seems to test ok in swql studio. 

SELECT LUNs.Uri, LUNs.DisplayName
FROM Orion.SRM.LUNs as LUNs

WHERE ( ( LUNs.[IOLatencyTotal] > '50' ) ) AND LUNs.StorageArray.SerialNumber = 'xxxxxxxx'

Looks like you can select Storage ID in the scope section of the web alert. That is not the as the serial number, but it should work. 

View solution in original post