cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Issue with additional poller installer - SRM 6.5 HF1 not being applied

So this morning I was upgrading our Orion environment with the latest versions of IPAM and SAM and latest hotfixes. The primary poller installer (online) seems to have worked as expected, and I see SRM 6.5 HF1 as an installed update:

pastedImage_0.png

However after using the additional poller installer (online), I don't see this specific update applied to the additional pollers. I also don't see this HF in my support portal to install manually. The other HFs seem to have been equally applied to primary and additional pollers.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

hi, did you download the installer today? What version of the installer is shown when you right click for details?

0 Kudos

Hi Serena, I downloaded the additional poller installer on the 10th of Jan:

pastedImage_0.png

The version of the primary poller installer is: 1.2.5.143

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Version 0.0.0.1 indicates that this is old Scalability Engine Installer. New unified installer is available and it would be marked as version 1.3.0.484.

The best you could do is to download online installer for SRM from Customer Portal (check that this is 1.3 version, but it should be available by now), then run it on Main Server to check if everything is up to date. After that - use the same installer on the APE.

I hope that would solve your issue!

Thanks for the clarification, but I would rather not run the updater again for all modules. Can you please add the SRM 6.5 HF1 download to my Customer support portal?

0 Kudos

It's important that your additional polling engine is in sync with the latest not just for SRM but for all released hotfixes. Please run the hotfix bundle that is provided in customer portal on your main poller and run the new 1.3.484 versioned installer (the one that Kacper listed) on any additional polling engines. This will ensure that the changes are limited to hotfixes.

This is to ensure compatibility of your modules, and to maintain the stability of your platform installation.

0 Kudos

Thanks, I've got these scheduled to be applied tomorrow morning.

So when attempting to run the Solarwinds-Orion-HotFix-2017.3-OfflineInstaller package - with version number 1.3.0.484, on our additional pollers, I first get this message:

pastedImage_0.png

When I choose to "SKIP" - given this is the "offline" package, I then get the error message one would get when the online package can't access the SW download url:

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

For what it's worth I get similar. I download the latest EXE from the customer portal and when I run it I get the auto-update page and it just sits there and does nothing. When I Skip it was then telling me there was nothing to install (which was a lie). In the end I used 7-Zip to open the offline installer EXE and copy out the contents in to %programdata%\solarwinds\installers and then ran the offline installer again and it seemed to work.

This new installer has been terrible. I'd almost rather it was the bad old days of downloading zips, renaming files and copying stuff over manually...

Could I get more details from you on your experience? I'd love to jump on a call with you!

0 Kudos

Had a Webex with support on this a little bit ago, it's been confirmed as a bug, they are working on the fix, hopefully will be released tomorrow or Monday.

0 Kudos

Fix is out, waiting until Wed to apply it myself:

pastedImage_0.png

How did your wednesday upgrade go?

0 Kudos

Hi Serena,

I extracted SRM 6.5 HF1 manually from the installer package and applied it successfully back on the 18th:

Re: Issue with additional poller installer - SRM 6.5 HF1 not being applied

Then the only problem that was left was IPAM 4.6 HF2 - I covered the issues I encountered with that in the IPAM 4.6 is broken thread:

Re: IPAM 4.6 is broken

Basically looks like the offline packages still need work in areas, it's out of date for the Active Diagnostics package - I worked around it by uninstalling that module from my primary and additionals. To get IPAM 4.6 HF2 properly applied I had to do the following:

1. Uninstall Active Diagnostics

2. Uninstall IPAM 4.6 HF1 and HF2

3. Uninstall IPAM - cancel the Config Wizard that kicks off after this step.

4. Run IPAM offline installer, let it install IPAM 4.6 HF2

5. Run Config Wizards.

Thanks syncopix, managed to extract SRM 6.5 HF1 and apply that OK, unfortunately for IPAM 4.6 HF2 I get a failure saying it needed another package.....pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos