cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Alert based reporting

Jump to solution

Hello, I am very new to the capabilities of the profiler server. I am curious what the best route to take to make a report only run if some event happens. For an example, I would like for a report about a back up failure at the end of the week, meaning, the report will only be sent via email if there is an error or failure in the back up. The email would then have specifics about the server that failed and the files that could not be backed up.

Do I have to write a custom script for this sort of job? Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello

There is no way to trigger a report based on an event, customers generally run daily or weekly reports to summarize success and failures in the environment.  You can customize the scheduled reports to show you what you want - for example, only failed backups.

Let me know if this helps or if you need additional advice.

Brian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello

There is no way to trigger a report based on an event, customers generally run daily or weekly reports to summarize success and failures in the environment.  You can customize the scheduled reports to show you what you want - for example, only failed backups.

Let me know if this helps or if you need additional advice.

Brian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi slyuen--

I've marked this for the PM to review.

M

0 Kudos