This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding SRM to an existing NPM server: "A main Orion server has already been installed"

Hi,

I'm trying to add SRM 6.4 to an existing NPM 12.1 server (with a bunch of other stuff already installed, SAM, NCM, etc).  The file I downloaded is: SolarWinds-SRM-v6.4-Poller-with-HF.exe

The error I get is: "A main Orion server has already been installed on this server.  You cannot install an additional component on a main Orion server."  It links to this article, which is no help: Compatibility check error messages - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

Currently installed version info:

Orion Platform 2017.1, VIM 7.1.0, DPAIM 11.0.0, NPM 12.1, QoE 2.3, NTA 4.2.2, NCM 7.6, IPAM 4.5.0, NetPath 1.1.0, PM 2.1, UDT 3.2.4, CloudMonitoring 1.0.0, SAM 6.4.0

Is there a different installer I should be using?

Thanks

EDIT: Apparently, I needed to use Solarwinds-Orion-SRM-6.4-OfflineInstaller.exe.  There is nothing on the download page to indicate why this file was needed over the "online" installer.