This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Want to use LEM Report tool, do not have admin account

We have beeen using the LEM web and client console successfully for some time, but I would now like to explore the Report tool as well.  Its installed on my machine, however, it insists on being run as an administrator.  Per my org's policy, those that do auditing cannot have and admin account.  From the LEM user's guide:

"Launch Reports as an administrator the first time you run the application." - Understandable as there is some upfront config

"Depending on your Windows security set up, you may always need to run reports using the Run as administrator option."  Uggg, however this line gives me hope there there are actions and admin can take to change the security setup and get the thing to run as a regular user.

Does anyone know what Windows security settings need to change to allow the Report tool to run as a regular user?

• All I can remember from playing with it in the past is that if I ran it as a non admin user I got errors with it not saving the connection data.  Never dug into it to see why and how since I had admin on the machines I ran it on, you might want to open a support case to have them look into it.

• I'm not sure this is comprehensive, but here are some things that I know would be gotchas (you may want to reach out to Support if you're still having issues or want a more comprehensive list):

1. Traffic needs to be able to flow to and from the machine where Reports is installed to LEM on TCP port 9001.
    2. Reports uses Windows Task Scheduler for scheduling which is usually why you're going to get a prompt to run it as admin. This may be overcome by relaxing the User Account Control (UAC) settings or disabling them if possible.
    3. Make sure there are appropriate Anti-Virus exceptions for the executable/install path.