Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Time out

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I explore nDepth  for 1 week or for 1 month, it does not finish as a process and notifies  "Time Out"

What's happening?

Does anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 14

If you're still having issues (and for future references if anyone lands here):

nDepth searches are slow or return a timeout error before finishing - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Hel...

nDepth should be reliable to a week worth of data, past that your mileage may vary.  With that being said, if you're timing out running a query for a week worth of data (and specifically for all events in the last one week) then I would check your resources as you may be underpowered for your event load.

LEM performance checks - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

If you're able to run a week's worth of data fine, but an advanced query isn't working you may want to work through the logic or support might be able to help you tune the query to get what you need out of it.

If you can't do resources for some reason or at least in the short term you can use the top article to increase the timeout (up to a limit) and see if that helps you return your results more reliably.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 14

If you're still having issues (and for future references if anyone lands here):

nDepth searches are slow or return a timeout error before finishing - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Hel...

nDepth should be reliable to a week worth of data, past that your mileage may vary.  With that being said, if you're timing out running a query for a week worth of data (and specifically for all events in the last one week) then I would check your resources as you may be underpowered for your event load.

LEM performance checks - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

If you're able to run a week's worth of data fine, but an advanced query isn't working you may want to work through the logic or support might be able to help you tune the query to get what you need out of it.

If you can't do resources for some reason or at least in the short term you can use the top article to increase the timeout (up to a limit) and see if that helps you return your results more reliably.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos