This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Sorting by field within a user-defined group

Can you sort by a field, such as 'name' while editing a user-defined group and if not, could that feature be added?

• I assume you are talking about the Result Details window of an nDepth search? Sadly there is no way to change how the Result Details window displays its data to you, even to sort it. But you can export the results to a csv and then open that with Excel and manipulate the data any which way you want from that point. This is usually what I do for that.

If you are talking about another section could you clarify where and I will see what I can find for you.

• No, not nDepth. I mean when you go to Build -> Groups, click the gear icon next to a user-defined group, and select Edit, the group details appear and are editable in the bottom of the screen. On the left side are 'Element Details', where you add an element to a group and on the right are the elements in the group (shown with columns 'Name', 'Data', and 'Description'. Name = name used to identify the element, Data = the data LEM actually uses in rules and nDepth searchs. For example, I have group of the people in my organization with privileged access to IT systems, an example element is: Name='Smith, John', Data='*john.j.smith' (their account name). The data in the elements list is arranged in the order the elements are added to the group. While this is fine for very small groups it makes it difficult to update larger groups (making sure the right elements have been added or removed). I want to know if there is a way to sort by the column name, specifically by the element name. If there isn't already, I want to request this feature be added.

group sort example.PNG