cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Since upgrade to 6.7, emails are not being sent

Since upgrading LEM to SEM verison 6.7, none of the email alerts are going out from our triggered rules.  Anyone know what to check?

9 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

SEM 6.7.1 is now available on your Customer Portal and includes a fix for the e-mail alert issue. Apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of the issue, I understand it was frustrating.

Thanks for bearing with us!

I installed the update and I've began receiving emails again for at least 3 rules already.   Thanks!

Level 8

I have the same issue.  What was your resolution?  I am able to send a test email via the connector, so, I know nothings wrong with my email.

0 Kudos

I was able to create a new contact containing and add that to the rules.  Supposidy a fix is under development, no ETA but the issue has some weight on it since sending alerts is part of what this product does.

I think if you on-boarded with SEM/LEM prior to 6.2 days and created your users or contacts in one of those older versions, this upgrade did not migrate in the DB somewhere for email addresses.  So deleting and creating new, or creating a new contact in my case worked for now.

0 Kudos

I have not had a chance to walk through this yet, but we are going to try to get on a call today 11 am est.  I too can send test emails by going into the old flash interface > build > users. 

I checked the release notes for 6.7 and there is no mention of this issue.  I think the notes need to be updated, an advisory posted or the 6.7 release pulled from the download site until this is fixed.  That's just my opinion.

This is what support said "We are working on getting an issue we have recently found with the older user accounts not being able to see the email address so, your rule is still firing but the LEM cannot read the email address any more as the SMTP settings changed around a little bit with the upgrade. However we do have a work around while dev continues to work on the resolution if you would like to do that. All we need to do is recreate the user accounts not getting email. This will put all their email settings in the right place and then they can receive the rule emails again."

Support told me the same thing.  I also think they should pull the 6.7 update until they get a fix for this and the memory issue on windows client agents.  I would not recommend upgrading until an issue for those 2 is released. Hopefully, that happens this week.  There's no work around for the memory issue.

0 Kudos
Level 10

You wouldn't recommend?  I just opened a case so hopefully support can figure this out.  We just had an OSPF router event where briefly some sites switched to backup and then back. Its all there in the lem showing rules fired, but no emails were received.  I only know it happened because Extreme Management Center (formerly Netsight) emailed me from our Extreme core switches snmp v3 notification.  The LEM (Now SEM) however handles all of the CISCO stuff, so while the core noticed the event and alerted me, the remote branch offices did not alert (by email) since that is handled by this product.

All was working fine in version 6.6.

0 Kudos

Apologies for the typo! Can you send me your case number please?

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

I would recommend creating a Tech Support ticket in order to resolve the issue. There may be an issue with the user profile where the e-mail alert is being sent, Support should be able to resolve it for you.

0 Kudos