This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scheduled Report - How to run while not logged in

I have made several unsuccessful attempts to scheduled a report , in the L.E.M report console, to run and export to a directory while the user is not logged into their device. The report does run and get exported to the directory while the user is logged into their device, but when the user is not logged in the process does not execute. Has anyone had any success in scheduling off hour report exports while the user is not logged into their device?

Thanks,

Mo

• Hello Mo,

This piece is entirely dependent on the settings you have in Task Scheduler and how you use your machine.

Firstly, I'm assuming the user's machine is still on and connected to the network when they're offline? If they're using a laptop, etc, maybe consider installing on a server or VM instead.

Secondly, if their machine isn't losing connection at any point, make sure the settings are correct for Task Scheduler. If you go to Start -> Windows Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler and double click on the schedule, the first tab (General) has a setting to "Run whether user is logged on or not". You will need to provide credentials.

One last thing that comes to mind is to make sure that the Reports application is set to always run as administrator (you can right click on the executable and set this in properties and clicking on advanced) if you haven't done that.

• Hi JRouviere,

I apologize, I posted the question under the assumption that all the settings, within the task scheduler, were setup with proper authorities, like: run with highest privileges and run whether user is logged on or not. The 2 items I forgot to mention are: the device is logged off but still connected to the network, and that the Reports application is set to always run as an administrator.

I guess what I was looking for was...does the report console support "unmanned" scheduled tasks?

Thanks,

Mo

• Yes, you can set up the Reports Console to run tasks even when a users is not signed in.

If that's not working you'll want to double check the settings. One thing that you may want to verify is that when you're running Reports as admin you can see the intended settings. At times when you're running an application as admin it will be pulling information from a different profile and the settings wouldn't be the same.

If you want to dig into it further here's a couple of resources for finding out what's happening when scheduled reports aren't running:

Unable to generate LEM reports or run scheduled reports - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

LEM scheduled reports are not working - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

• Issue resolved. I have ran several other tests, and it seems that the issue resides somewhere within the task manager and its quirks with mapped network drives. I pushed the export to a local directory and provided share rights to the user and issue resolved.

Thanks for your help and quick responses JRouviere!