This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Rules not saving changes

Everything was going just fine with LEM until today, I have a rule setup so that if a member of a number of different AD groups signs in with a bad password 3 times I receive a notification. the notifications seemed to be coming after only 2 attempts when I wanted it to come at 3. I checked the rule and realized that windows event logs was writing the same entry twice each time a bad password was entered. I went in and updated the rule to fire at 6 attempts for the same account and saved the changes. However when I doubled checked it after activating, it defaulted to trigger on just 1 attempt. Thinking I had accidentally selected this I went back and modified it again to the correct values, only to find that it was set to trigger on 1 attempt again. I have been able to alter other rules and even this particular rule in the past and have it save the changes, what am I doing wrong this time? For reference I am NOT hitting the apply button, just hitting save; even when I do hit apply first the same thing occurs.

• Well this is solved, sort of. I tried cloning the rule but that did not work. I wrote a whole new rule with all the same details and that allowed me to save the changes, but having to write a new rule simply because LEM wont save the changes is not desirable in any way. Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

• On a theory I rebooted the server, and it seems to be able to update the rule I was having trouble with. strange behavior. Would still love an explanation as to why the rule wouldn't update.