This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remote access to console

We have a LEM Virtual Appliance. Whenever I try to use putty to connect to the command line remotely, it looks lie it will work but always returns an "Access Denied" error message. I know for sure that I have the default admin credentials correct. Is there some configuration that needs to be done before ssh connections can be made?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hey Roman,

It's useful to know that the default SSH port is 32022 (not the standard 22). Additionally, the credentials for logging in are different than the LEM Console UI, the username's "cmc" and the password either was set during your activation process or can be set from the virtual appliance console (under "Advanced Configuration" type "appliance" then "password" to change it from the default of "password").

If it's neither of those things, let me know, and I'll suggest some further steps emoticons_happy.png

• Thanks Colby! I had the port right, but somewhere I missed that the user name was different, as soon as I tried the cmc user with the password I had set before, it worked like a charm.