This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Question about licensing and stuff for jhynds and everyone really...

We're using LEM/SEM on some of our networks right now.  We're wanting to standardize on LEM/SEM but the licensing is maybe an issue.  I have many isolated enclave that are small.  It doesn't make sense for small networks with maybe 5 machines on it to have 5k$ instance.  Suppose I have many of these.  Is there a way solarwinds can do a quantity discount on small licenses all grouped together so I can standardize on it?  Does solarwinds ever do like MS and other big companies and offer selling a large number of nodes and let me divide it up how I see fit?  Could I then do a true up each year and be subject to audit any time?  This could be a lot of business for SW but I'm concerned it might not be possible because of mass of small enclaves I have.  I hope there's a way to make this work somehow?

Thanks,

Bill

• Hey Bill! We don't currently offer a large license that you can divide between multiple SEM appliances, each license is bound to a single SEM appliance. However, I can certainly discuss your situation with your Account Manager in an effort to find a solution for you. Will reach out privately to discuss further.