This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Newbie help with SQL auditing

Hi,

I have downloadd the trial of Solarwinds SEM and have it up and running but struggling with the SQL auditing. I have configured the SQL auditing OK and it is passing data to the SEM (it is using the MS SQL connector). However, the server is in SEM and I can see the auditing events sometimes but what I want to do is create a filter in the filter groups so that I can just see the machine that I am auditing and just for that MSSQL connector. I am struggling a bit to find any of the correct filter options that would allow me to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I may as well ask at the same time, how would I set up a rule based on failed SQL logins (SQL auth) related to that connector? there doesnt seem to be any template for this

thanks,

Paul