This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Log & Event Manager Report Error

Hi everyone,

I'm giving the evaluation of the LEM application a go, the server is installed and the client installed. The manager console appears to work fine but when I open the report application I get an error that the task scheduler did not start (See attached error.jpg). Any ideas?

I have:

• Restarted
  • Started as administrator
  • Set compatibility mode to Windows XP (SP3).

Thanks,

Mark

• Hi, Mark.

I'd like to clarify two things before engaging the rest of the team:

1. Is the computer running Windows 7?
    2. Do you have any LEM Reports tasks scheduled, or is this your first time using the reporting application?
    Thanks.

• Hi Phil,

1. Yes, Windows 7 x64.
    2. This is the first time using the reporting application.

Kind regards.

• Thanks for the info.

First of all, when you run LEM Reports, are you launching the application by right-clicking and selecting Run as administrator?

If that's not the issue,

• Did you install LEM Reports as admin?
    • Did you install the Crystal Reports runtime as admin?

If those aren't the issue, can you run Task Scheduler on that computer outside of doing anything with LEM Reports? Sometimes there are Group Policies in place that don't allow users access to Task Scheduler, and that will affect those users' ability to run LEM Reports.

If those don't help, let me know.

Thanks.

• Hi Phil,

1. Yes. I have tried that (as well as using Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode).
    2. My account does have local administrator access. To double check, I have uninstalled both LEM reports and reinstalled specifcally as 'run as administrator' and using compatibility mode.
    3. Crystal reports does supposedly install, however I can't see a Crystal Reports runtime in my list of installed programs. Should I be seeing something?
    4. I can certainly run task scheduler and schedule tasks.

The error message has also changed since the reinstall, I am no longer getting the original error. Now when LEM reports starts I get a not responding warning and the option to close it. When I select to close I get the following error (see attached error2.jpg)

Exception EOleSysError in module SWLEMReports.exe at 001418ED. Class not registered.

Thanks.

• On my Windows 7 computer, I see Crystal Reports v11 Runtime in my Programs and Features list. Try reinstalling the runtime as Administrator using the link in the following KB article.

Additional Evaluation Downloads

In the meantime, I'll check with Sales Engineering to see if they have anything else you should try.

Thanks.

• Hi Phil,

Thanks for your help on this, it appears we're getting closer to the root cause.

I've just tried installing the Crystal Reports Runtime but end up with the following error (See below and attached error3.jpg). I've tried installing (by simple double click), right click run as admin and also under a Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, they all get the same result. Any further ideas?

Error 1904.Module c:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\win32_x86\plugins\auth\secLDAP\secldap.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

Thanks.

• Hi, Mark.

I thought I'd touch base to see if you were able to resolve this. According to my notes, a sales engineer was going to get in touch with you to troubleshoot this further. Did that ever happen?

If you've come to a resolution, please post it here for future users, and I'll make sure it gets into the appropriate docs.

Thanks.

• Hi Phil,

I didn't hear from anyone.

Unfortunately, we've abandoned the evaluation as we need to focus our time elsewhere. It's a shame the client seems to be so troublesome to get running on Windows 7.

Thank you for your help however.