This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM Report on Connector status

Hi I wonder if anyone could advise please on the "Connector report" within LEM  I have just taken over the role as support for this product so bare with me.

I have run a report which lists all connectors and there is a heading of Installed Date and Last Connected,

The issue I seem to have is the Column Last connected doesn't seem to reflect the correct date and time, I would expect if the Connector is connected to the Manager that it it would show the date and time now however its displaying as 2 months ago. Now I know the connector is connected as I get E-mail reports, is there a bug in the logging of Last connected.

BTW if I start and stop the connector I get the date and time the connector was restarted. Followed by the appropriate E-mail Alerts.

So the question is does the Connector status only update at a predefined time or should I be getting real time update on the connector?

Thanks for any help

• The "Last Connected" time in the Report is the last time the LEM and the Agent went through a whole handshake/negotiation/connection cycle.  This usually occurs when the Agent service is restarted or a device reboots.  If your boxes were last rebooted two months ago, and everything has been up and running since then, that's the last time the Agent did the connection dance.

• Thanks for fast responce.

This helps to explain things when creating the report and presenting information on to Senior Exec's