This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM Console

I want to move the LEM Console (not the VA) onto a different server.

Has anyone got any details of how this can be done?

• Hi, Darryl.

The only settings that are stored locally with the LEM Console are your custom filters and saved nDepth searches. So, unless you have a lot of either of those, moving the Console should be as easy as installing it somewhere else.

If you have some custom filters you want to move as well, there is an Export option on the Monitor tab: click the gear icon at the top of the Filters pane, and then click Export. Then, you can use the Import option in the same menu once you have your new Console installed.

Unfortunately, we don't have a similar export option for saved searches. However, when version 5.4 comes out in a couple of weeks, you'll be able to utilize a web console that's stored on the LEM appliance, which you can access from any computer with network connectivity to LEM.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Thanks.

• Are the consoles licenced and is there a limit to the number of consoles that can be installed/run concurrently? 

I like the sound of a web console

• No, the consoles aren't licensed, but that brings up a good point. Each console requires a security certificate from the LEM appliance. After you have exported this certificate once (during your initial deployment), you can save it to a network or local share to distribute as needed.

For information about exporting and installing this security certificate, see Exporting and Installing the SolarWinds LEM Console Certificate.

Thanks.

• Thanks for the heads up

On a related issue am I the only one who finds it difficult to find the information I want in the user guide. It seems a lot more difficult to navigate than the Orion manuals

• You're not the only one. :)

One of the features in the upcoming release is a new-and-improved user/admin guide for LEM. It will better organized and more comprehensive -- more like what you've come to expect from the other SolarWinds products.

Thanks again.