This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Importing Certificates into LEM trouble

Does anyone else is having difficulties importing certificates into LEM via PuTTY, I am having issues doing so, I spoke with support and they offered an instructions to follow, I'm following the steps to the letter and no luck, I get the following error message: + keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Reply has no certificates. (see attachment)

I have included the PDF attachment with the instructions to see if someone can help me figure out what is that we are doing wrong. I'm running version 6.2.1

Thank you,

Jose

attachments.zip
  • So the failure is during the first step, for exporting the signing request?  Or is it something else?

• The failure occurs when I do the command from manager > importcert>Host\share>Domain\User>PW>file name> then it fails. I have the two certificates in the (.pem) file but for some reason it doesn't want to import.

• Looks like the same issue I am having, I currently have a case open with support.

Are you trying to create the certificate signed by your CA for the Web Server?

• Yesterday LEM support log into LEM with root credentials and cleared the certificates, after they did that I tried again and it worked. Certificate was able to import, but my browser for some reason was not able to go through port 443 so we toggle port 80 and we are using port 80 now to connect to LEM console via the internet.  They told me to add our LEM address to trusted websites but is still not going through.

• I had the same situation with a client two months ago and took almost an hours to import the certificate.   SW had to go in and clear the certs and import.

Since this is a security tool, you would think there is an easier way of doing this.  Hopefully this process will be made easier in the next release.