This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I need to monitor Orion Uptime...

I have multiple datacenters servicing customers across the time-zones in the U.S. and also in the U.K. each datacenter houses about 10 to 25 pieces of mission critical schizzle that we use Orion/SolarWinds to track and alert us. I'm the new IT manager and I'm also a developer of renown. I've got legions of fembots, cybergoats and a greed for evil that runs deep. Why I even once held the moon... {Okay, never mind all that.}

So I have A, B, C, D datacenters monitored by SolarWinds and it's great. However, if SolarWinds goes down I have no way of knowing. See below for things I'm trying that don't work.

Does anyone know if there's an easier way to do this? I have to get a meaningful response from solarwinds that contains sometime of login validation or something that let's me know it's working and then starts screaming like a banshee if it stops.

Is there an easy way to do this that Google just won't tell me?

I read several times here that I could do something like this:

orion.domain.com/.../Login.aspx

The above doesn't work in IE or Chrome. Does anyone know why it wouldn't?

My code won't work either.

using (var client = new WebClient())

{

var contents = client.DownloadString("orion.domain.com/Login.aspx");

Console.WriteLine(contents);

if (contents.Contains("username.value"))

{

return true;

}

}

return false;