cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Custom Reporting on Groups of Nodes?

Jump to solution

I'm working for a managed services provider that wants to provide LEM reports to various clients (like logon failures, account changes, etc). Currently, what I'm doing is picking a standard report, using select expert to select the nodes that correspond to that client (using "UNIQUENODEIDENTIFIER_1.NAME" is like _______), and then exporting the report as a crystal report, and sticking it in the custom reports folder. This works fine, but it's tedious, and requires manually adding nodes to each of the reports the client wants.

Is there a way to group nodes in LEM and then just select that group for a report, or am I stuck manually adding individual nodes to a report?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

We have had requests to use "containers" (groups, AD groups, etc) in reports, but so far adding them manually is the best we can do.

Some customers with crystal reports have used things like text files to join as "lists" directly, but using Crystal might be more of a pain than maintaining a manual list

Multi-tenancy isn't really something built into LEM right now, I didn't see a feature request on that either but we are tracking it internally. Lots of customers are deploying an appliance per-customer/site where they need that level of reporting and alerting autonomy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 9

Looks good! But why TOP 10 column shows only 4 articles?

Product Manager
Product Manager

We have had requests to use "containers" (groups, AD groups, etc) in reports, but so far adding them manually is the best we can do.

Some customers with crystal reports have used things like text files to join as "lists" directly, but using Crystal might be more of a pain than maintaining a manual list

Multi-tenancy isn't really something built into LEM right now, I didn't see a feature request on that either but we are tracking it internally. Lots of customers are deploying an appliance per-customer/site where they need that level of reporting and alerting autonomy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 15

No, but that sounds like something that should be in a Feature Request!

0 Kudos