This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Change the LEM trial extract location

Can we get SW dev to offer the user an extraction location for the LEM trial? It assumes that the Desktop is acceptable, but in our environment, Desktop directories are redirected to the network with quotas. Besides that, I'm just not a fan of products assuming they can write wherever they want w/o asking.

I understand that removes the ability to assume in "Step 1" that the OVA will be on the Desktop, but worst case, the QuickStart could have a dynamic field that could be populated by the extract utility (i.e. from an extract log).

Thanks,

Chris

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I missed this last week. Thanks again for the feedback, Chris. We were trying to keep it simple after walking through the installation with a few people who got a little lost, but I understand your situation. A compromise might be a checkbox to use defaults vs. specifying a location on the first page.

For licensed customers (doesn't apply in your situation, but just in case anyone else out there is interested), we do also provide a standalone download of JUST a zip of the virtual appliance that you can use to deploy and then manually install the other software (or if you need to deploy a new virtual appliance).