cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can we set up a custom profile to monitor changes made to the local administrator group on a server?

Jump to solution

I've been asked to try and come up with a way to monitor if/when the list of users within the Local Administrators Group on a server has changed. 

I'm trying to think of a way to do this and I'm not sure if that would be through PowerShell or if there is an easier way to do it with SCM or is it even possible to do within SCM. 

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can we set up a custom profile to monitor changes made to the local administrator group on a server?

Jump to solution

Within SCM you can tell it to run any powershell script you want and it will just retain the results and you can track them for changes over time, so this could be a pretty decent use case.

Out of the box there isn't a profile for tracking users yet, but I bet this would be a good feature request to get added in natively.

Server configuration profiles

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can we set up a custom profile to monitor changes made to the local administrator group on a server?

Jump to solution

Within SCM you can tell it to run any powershell script you want and it will just retain the results and you can track them for changes over time, so this could be a pretty decent use case.

Out of the box there isn't a profile for tracking users yet, but I bet this would be a good feature request to get added in natively.

Server configuration profiles

- Marc Netterfield, Github

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks.  What I did was I set up a new Configuration Profile and labeled it as "LocalAdmin".  The PowerShell script I'm using is Get-LocalGroupMember -Group "Administrators" which seems to be working. 

Now I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to configure an alert that will trigger when a change is detected on just that profile, ignoring changes made on the HW & SW Inventories.

Thanks for the help mesverrum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Jump to solution

Kevin put together a post with monitoring local administrators, might be a good starting point.

Manage and Monitor PowerShell Scripts

0 Kudos