cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

restarting a service

I set up an alert to email me and write to the log when a service goes down which works well.  Now I'm trying to add an additional 'trigger action' to restart the service and used the "APM\APMServiceControl.exe ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.ComponentID} -c=RESTART" string with no  success.  double checked the Message center and see the service going down

Component "IPPhone" for application "WINphone" on node "Server" is down

and when i manually bring it back up 

Component "IPPhone" for application "WINphone" on node "Server" is up

read a few other posts but cant figure this out

Thanks in advance

Getting things to work better - bit by bit-
0 Kudos
4 Replies

is the object you are alerting on a component as outlined in this article?

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Monitor-alert-and-restart-a-Windows-service-f...

0 Kudos

update..  got the Alert to successfully log, email and restart the service

I did notice that from the alert that the service is down to when its up is 5 - 6 minutes.

is that normal ?  i went through the Alert settings and cant find a way to speed this up

0 Kudos

not exactly but i got it to work with a test run on the bluetooth service and will test the application today.

i made a copy of another existing script someone here made a few years ago..  which doesnt look like the article referenced, but i suspect there is more than one way to do this. if i dont have any luck today i will follow the steps outlined in the article

i think the issue may have been credential related

i will let you know if it worked

thanks for the reply

0 Kudos

figured out I had to adjust the Polling interval within the Solarwinds application definition

0 Kudos