This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

rest based monitor?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to see if there is a way in Solar Winds to send get commands to a page and tell it was is expected back?

What I am looking to do is create a monitor to send a get command to a site and to verify the string that comes back against a expect value.

I'm basing this off of the HTTP-ECV monitor from NetScaler.

see here for reference: VMware Horizon Unified Access Gateway Load Balancing – NetScaler 12 – Carl Stalhood

I'm trying to figure out how to setup something like the SSL monitor for connection Server Health and the Monitor for UAG Quiesce Mode.

any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

• The HTTP/HTTPS component will do a GET and check for text matches.  It does a pretty good job of keeping tabs on the response codes and I use it for some endpoints that will present a text change or HTTP error code when something is wrong.

In cases where you have to collect counters or other text, I would try using one of the script components like Powershell or the Linux/Unix.