This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"New Database Performance Analyzer Product Update Available"

We don't have a license for (nor are running a trial of) DPA - yet getting "New Database Performance Analyzer Product Update Available" notifications.

Anyone knows what this is about?

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 10.10.52 AM.png

• We received the notification too.  But, we do have DPA, but the version installed is the newest version.  I figured it was something to do with the hotfix that's available.   Maybe they are 'accidentally' promoting it?

• We received the notification too.  But, we do have DPA, but the version installed is the newest version.  I figured it was something to do with the hotfix that's available.   Maybe they are 'accidentally' promoting it?

You mean, SAM 6.2.4 includes it? Is there documentation on how to configure the freebie, specifically? I tried a couple times in the past, always ran into something that told me I did not have a license for it.

(Articles that I've seen all point to how to integrate them (SAM and DPA), not on how to use the built-in one, or the included one. E.g. How-To Integrate Server & Application Monitor with Database Performance Analyzer - Videos | SolarWinds)

• Yes it's bundled in with the SAM installer - total pain as we have no license for it, and it also interferes with our alerting. Have to wait till all the pollers are upgraded, and then go back into the primary, uninstall DPA, then rerun the config wizard.

Please consider making DPA a standalone installer so those that don't use it don't have to uninstall it.

• The module bundled with SAM is for integration with DPA.  Once you have DPA installed and integrated with DPA, the integration module will expose DPA data in both a summary views and resources as well as contextually to databases and applications views. 

Here is the newest integration video showing you how to integrate and what additional information you will see in Orion.

• Hello akhasheni,

as bmrad explained the DPA Orion Integration module is a part of SAM since 6.2.1. We already received similar complains about this unwanted upgrade notifications and changed the functionality. So since version 10.2.0 (latest available version, part of SAM 6.3) you should receive that notification only if you actively use DPA Orion module (if your Orion is integrated with at least one DPA server).

You received that notification because your DPA Orion (version 9.2 - 10.0.1) doesn't contain that changed functionality yet. When you upgrade you shouldn't see these notification anymore.

We apologize for these inconveniences.

• Also: will DPA disappear from "product specific settings" once SAM is updated?

SW product settings.png

• No. DPA Orion module is one of the SAM parts (similarly as VIM - Virtualization for instance) and it's always installed when you install or upgrade SAM. No matter if you uninstalled it manually before the upgrade.

You can always uninstall it again from the Add / Remove programs but it's not necessary. If the integration with any DPA server is not established it simply doesn't do anything - it doesn't poll any data, doesn't generate any traffic, doesn't utilize your CPU or memory. It doesn't even require any license. The DPA Orion is just a simple read-only module which provides data from integrated DPA server(s) if there are any.