This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

net-SNMP setup for HP-UX

We are having problems getting process monitor to work on our HP-UX boxes.  Have had admin install net-snmp and point to port 1161  (they also run hp-snmp on port 161)  We are receiving all basic system info.  Pronlem is when I run the Process Monitor-SNMP in App Builder in APM in returns no running processes.  running a ps -e command on box shows many process running.   Can anyone assist on what could be the cause and or solution??   config file only contains cummunity string info, allowed ip's (which is our Solarwinds boxes) and pointing agent to port 1161.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

• Is the node in Orion configured to use port 1161 or port 161?  APM will use the port that Orion if configured to use.  Make sure this is 1161 and not 161.

Can you poll the Host Resource MIB from the Orion server?  We get the list of processes by using this OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.4.2.1.2

You can use one of the Toolset tools to browse for this OID.

• Yes the node in Orion is configured to use port 1161,  I get all the standard info like volumes , memory and cpu, but when I tried this OID in Universal Poller it comes back as not supported on one net-snmp box and on the other it just comes back with one process (swapper) and nothing else, and by doing a ps -e on each box there are a bunch of running processes.

• -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Download & Install the Net-SNMP Agent on HP-UX
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Go to:
    h20392.www2.hp.com/.../searchProducts.do

Search with keywords: internet express

Click on the Product: "HP-UX Internet Express for HP-UX 11i v2"
    h20392.www2.hp.com/.../displayProductInfo.do

Click on: Receive for Free.

2) Donwload Only this Software Specification:

Product name      HP-UX Internet Express for HP-UX 11i v2     
    Product #     HPUXIEXP1123    
    Version     A.15.00

Software Specification: Net-SNMP A.15.00-5.5.001
    This is a .depot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Configure the Net-SNMP Agent on HP-UX

Using NET-SNMP and HP-UX SNMP Together:
    administratosphere.wordpress.com/.../

1) Create Net-SNMP Configuration File (snmpd.conf) :
    # sudo /opt/iexpress/net-snmp/bin/snmpconf -g basic_setup

2) Start-up Net-SNMP daemon:
    Regular Start-up:
    # sudo /opt/iexpress/net-snmp/sbin/snmpd -Ls daemon -p /var/tmp/net-snmpd -c /opt/iexpress/net-snmp/bin/snmpd.conf

Debugging Start-up:
    # sudo /opt/iexpress/net-snmp/sbin/snmpd -f -Le -c /opt/iexpress/net-snmp/bin/snmpd.conf

3) Double check Net-SNMP Agent is now running:
    # ps -ef | grep -i snmp

4) Edit Community Strings for Net-SNMP Agent:
    Net-SNMP Configuration File:
    # sudo more /opt/iexpress/net-snmp/bin/snmpd.conf