cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njoylif
Level 17

how to tell on DB side if template overridden

anyone tried to figure this out?

looking for a report that tells you what component checks in an application monitor have been set to override the template.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
aLTeReGo Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: how to tell on DB side if template overridden

njoylif
Level 17

cool, thx.  The second is close, but I'm looking to go one level deeper, where if you expand the component check within the app monitor, you have all the "aspects" of the components with their individual threshold capabilities...

i.e. for a windows service:

cpu threshold

physical memory threshold

I/O write

I/O Read

I appreciate the pointer, thanks and I'll keep digging as well.

0 Kudos
njoylif
Level 17

perhaps something like

if entry exists in apm_thresholds table for given componentid then overridden for that type of component check?

Thanks for assistance aLTeReGo

0 Kudos
aLTeReGo Product Manager
Product Manager

The report serves as an example, or proof of concept. Not as the final solution. The basic principles that are used in that report can be utilized to report on essentially any aspect of a template that has been overridden. Keep in mind however that each component type has unique options. Only thresholds and credentials are common across all component monitor types. If you need assistance creating a report to suite a particular need I recommend posting to the Report Lab and outlining specifically what it is you are trying to achieve.  Depending upon the requirements it may not be possible to accomplish within the context of a single report given the unique nature of each component monitor type.

njoylif
Level 17

ayup!  understood.  I definitely get the uniqueness aspect, as I made a custom alerts page...that was fun.

The report did give me enough of a starting point to satisfy my immediate needs.

Thanks much!

0 Kudos