This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

alerts not migrated in 6.2

a number of alerts that are important to us have been disabled / not migrated when we upgraded to 6.2. The error message says, "object/properties used in trigger/reset conditions of this alert are not yet supported in new web-based alerting". How do I review those un-migrated alerts so I could try and develop workarounds - or better yet - when will ALL old alerts be supported?

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 2.37.33 AM.png

• Having not upgraded from  NPM 11.0.1, I'm not sure if the old Advanced Alert Manager has been completely removed or not. If it is still present, you may be able to just switch the old alerts on in there. aLTeReGo‌, could you clarify this please? My Google-fu has failed me today emoticons_sad.png

• These non-migrated alerts remain in the legacy Win32 Advanced Alert Manager. In almost all instances these are alerts with broken alert conditions that never worked in the legacy Advanced Alert Manager anyway. In the off chance they were working, they will continue to function as-is, but can only be managed or modified in the Win32 Advanced Alert Manager UI. They will not appear in the web based advanced alert manager. The Win32 based Alert Manager can still be found under the default installation directory of "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\AlertManager.exe"

• Thanks Alt, informative as always emoticons_happy.png

• In almost all instances these are alerts with broken alert conditions that never worked in the legacy Advanced Alert Manager anyway.

In the off chance they were working, they will continue to function as-is, but can only be managed or modified in the Win32 Advanced Alert Manager UI.

Neither is correct in my case.

1. My tiered escalation alerts were certainly working before the upgrade, and...
    2. they are not working now, and didn't make it through migration.

How large is your sample on which your "almost always" is based? How many alerts across how many systems were sampled to make that determination?

I'll migrate them manually and see what happens.

• I ran into a similar issue - so maybe this will help someone.  We also had a bunch of alerts that didn't migrate - and it turns out the reset condition was the issue.  For whatever reason it was not valid.  So, in your old Alert Manager application, go to "Configure Alerts" - select the alert in question, and Edit it.  Click the "Reset Condition" tab, and then click the "Copy From Trigger" button.  Click "OK".

You should now be able to migrate those old alerts into the new web-based alert system by running the SolarWinds Configuration Wizard.