cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Wrong message from APM

Dear all,

I tried to use APM to monitor some applications, e.g. SMTP, HTTP. Everything works fine yesterday but the orion reports that the applications status are down today. After checking the network, I found that everything goes fine except the unexpected message from APM.

Any idea on tackling this issue?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

When you go into the application what does the message say when you mouse over "More Information"? Below is an example.

0 Kudos

This is happening to us as well on two different servers with two different templates. First example is our three DNS servers we are watching. On one of the servers (the same one every time) the service/exe named DNS.exe keeps going into a down status three times a day for a 5 min time frame. The other server is our frontend Exchange server.  This is happening to service/exe brightmail.exe.  This exe will show a down status a few times a day for about 3-5 min.  When I get an e-mail telling me that these services are down, I than check the server services all looks fine and the event logs show nothing strange.  The message I get on both is connection timed out.  All the other monitors service/exe we are watching on these servers are fine and show an up status. 

Kenn
0 Kudos

Can you try increasing the timeout for the monitors that are timing out?  Set it to 180 seconds or so.

0 Kudos

I have for the DNS yesterday and it happened twice since...... but not on the other server where the time is at the default...

DNS Server - SNMP 

Monitor TypeProcess Monitor - SNMP 
Credential for Monitoring<Default>  
Polling Frequency900 seconds 
Polling Timeout      90 seconds  
Process Name dns.exe 
0 Kudos

Have you installed SP2?  It fixed a few problems with SNMP Process Monitor timeouts. 

0 Kudos

We did that when I installed the mod... how do you check to make sure it really stuck?

Kenn

0 Kudos

We are also seeing Orion Process Monitor throwing errors " Unexpected error occurred, An item with the same key has already been added." on a few of the monitors we are watching on Orion Server such as Alerting Engine, SYSlog Service, Job Scheduler Performance Monitor.  They will show a down status with above message then in about 2-3 min show an UP status.  Any suggestions? We are about to fully deploy this product and configure alerts that will be going to management as well as Server support folks.  I do not want to get bad feed back since I think this product has such good uses.

Thanks,

Kenn

0 Kudos

What type of monitor (SNMP Process Monitor, WMI Process Monitor, or WMI Windows Service Monitor)?

0 Kudos

All SNMP.....

0 Kudos

You need to open a support ticket.  They'll need to get diagnostics from your system so we can figure out why you are getting this error.

0 Kudos