cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Working PowerShell scripts momentarily fail with "An error occurred while creating the pipeline"

I have a few "Windows PowerShell Monitor" components running PowerShell scripts on SQL Servers.

These scripts were working fine but out of blue, many started failing with error "An error occurred while creating the pipeline".

After 30 minutes or so most of these scripts started working again.

Is there a way to find what might have caused this?

I found this very old thread and checked the version of PowerShell on the servers but some are v5 and others are v4.

So doesn't seem like it's limited to just PowerShell V5.

Thank you in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
serena Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Working PowerShell scripts momentarily fail with "An error occurred while creating the pipeline"

300  wrote:

I have a few "Windows PowerShell Monitor" components running PowerShell scripts on SQL Servers.

These scripts were working fine but out of blue, many started failing with error "An error occurred while creating the pipeline".

After 30 minutes or so most of these scripts started working again.

Is there a way to find what might have caused this?

I found "PowerShell script error. An error occurred while creating the pipeline." how to fix?  very old thread and checked the version of PowerShell on the servers but some are v5 and others are v4.

So doesn't seem like it's limited to just PowerShell V5.

Thank you in advance!

Hmm I did find this PowerShell "an error occurred while creating the pipeline" #Requires -Version 3.0 - Stack Overflow which seems to indicate this is a general PowerShell issue

0 Kudos