cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Windows XP Application details in SAM

Jump to solution

Guys i have been given the task to search for a way to view installed applications on a windows XP machine, using SAM, Solarwinds doesn't provide support for obsolete OS version, so can someone help me out here or tell me how to do it? It would be great... CourtesyIT​, DanielleH​, aLTeReGo​, Jfrazier​, patrick.hubbard​, jeremymayfield​, mcbridea​, byrona​, wluther​, adatole​, bsciencefiction.tv​, bkyle​, goodzhere

1 Solution

there is an organization that wants to see its employees computers on which Win XP is installed and see installed applications and hardware specifications. ignore previous message.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

For multiple servers

where "C:\Scripts\Test.txt" contains your server names one server per line ie

atl-fs-01

atl-fs-02

atl-fs-03

atl-fs-04

atl-fs-05

$a = Get-Content "C:\Scripts\Test.txt"

foreach ($i in $a)

{get-wmiobject -class win32_product | export-csv c:\programs_on_$i.csv}

will do. Thanks...

Run this power shell command on the server

get-wmiobject -class win32_product | export-csv c:\programs.csv

0 Kudos

First, what is your intention ?

Are you wanting to poll them to see if they are running or are you looking for a one time list ?

Can you set up a sam monitor to run a powershell script ?

You'll need to have powershell set up on the XP server I believe version 2.0 is the one for XP.

You can see some stuff via SNMP. 

more ideas after we know a bit more about what you are looking to do.

0 Kudos

just want to see what applications are installed on windows XP host.

Just one time ?

0 Kudos

yes, list of applications installed.

What are you wanting to do with this list ?

0 Kudos

there is an organization that wants to see its employees computers and see are the installed applications and hardware specifications.

there is an organization that wants to see its employees computers on which Win XP is installed and see installed applications and hardware specifications. ignore previous message.

View solution in original post