cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Windows Server 2008-2016 Domain Controller Security

Hey All,

I'm trying to setup the domain security monitor on a Server 2012R2 DC, but it keeps failing to connect. i have been through the Thwack and MS forums to make sure that RPC and WMI work, checked winrm and firewall, but it just refuses to connect, any advise?

pastedImage_0.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Are you polling the node with an agent? Just asking because sometimes if you inherit credentials from the node in a SAM template there aren't any credentials assigned and you must stipulate them. That has caught some of my team members more than once.

I have tried with and without the agent, i keep getting the same. is there special configs i have to look at on the individual servers perhaps? the account i use does have domain admin credentials.

0 Kudos

can you post a screenshot of the failing component's settings?

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

frank.haughton  wrote:

Hey All,

I'm trying to setup the domain security monitor on a Server 2012R2 DC, but it keeps failing to connect. i have been through the Thwack and MS forums to make sure that RPC and WMI work, checked winrm and firewall, but it just refuses to connect, any advise?

pastedImage_0.png

Are you seeing any issues noted in the logs? What version of SAM are you running?

0 Kudos

Hi Serena

can you maybe point me to the correct log to start troubleshooting from?

0 Kudos

I believe those are checking particular event logs, can you confirm that the log source is correct. in regards to serena​ suggestion you can turn on debug logging for the application monitor and then review it on the polling engine that the node is assigned to. Here's a KB article that walks you through how to enable debug logging Success Center- Turn on Application Debug Logging