This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows Scheduled Task Monitor Error

Is anyone else seeing this error in the SAM Windows Schedule Tasks Monitor for their Windows 2012 Servers?

Last Run Result: (0x80070002) The system cannot find the file specified.

The task which is a simple cmd.exe running a bat file always run successfully on the server and there are no signs of this error on the server.

I've had support looking into this for a couple weeks but they cannot find anything.

• This error is returned to us by the operating system for the specific tasks last execution. It should mirror what you see in the Task Scheduler's "Last Run Result" field for that task on the server being monitored.

Last Run Result.png

• Ok, ya i never even saw that part in Task Scheduler as there was a scroll bar with more info off to the side.

But I had to change my task to %comspec% /c start /min "C:\Scripts\my_script.bat"

instead of C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe "C:\Scripts\my_script.bat"

Both worked fine and the task executed and finished, but the later one would always report an error to Solarwinds.

Thanks!!