cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flclkun
Level 8

Where to find user activity logs

Hi,

I'm trying to find the name of the log file(s) that would contain all user activity in Orion such as; user account creation/deletion, permission modifications, failed login attempts, account lockouts, etc.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
silverbacksays
Level 16

Re: Where to find user activity logs

Hi flclkun

Your first step would be to check the audit logs. You can view these from the Message Center.

From the top menus, expand 'Alerts & Activity', and from there click 'message Center'. When the page loads, clear all the options from the 'Filter Messages' section except for 'Show Audit Events'. Select the search criterea  which suits, and hit 'Apply'. The results will hopefully be what you're looking for.

flclkun
Level 8

So from here i could find some pretty useful things such as user login/logoff, user account creation and deletion, node creation and deletion.

What about things like:

Password reset
User Permission Modification (This is a big one)
Orion Startup and Shutdown

Failed Login Attempts

0 Kudos
silverbacksays
Level 16

The actions which are covered by Orion's auditing are being expanded all the time, but if it's not listed as an option in the drop-down, it is not specifically tracked. Perhaps serena​ can chime in and confirm?

If there are specific events you would like to see audited, but are not currently covered, I recommend raising a Feature Request for them to be included in future releases.

serena
Level 16

silverbacksays  wrote:

The actions which are covered by Orion's auditing are being expanded all the time, but if it's not listed as an option in the drop-down, it is not specifically tracked. Perhaps serena  can chime in and confirm?

If there are specific events you would like to see audited, but are not currently covered, I recommend raising a Server & Application Monitor Feature Requests  for them to be included in future releases.

Jez is right, that in this case you'd want to raise a feature request. It does look like there are a few audit events that could be added for your list,  including the password reset etc.

serena
Level 16

tracking request under CORE-13835

silverbacksays
Level 16

Cheers Serena!

0 Kudos