cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

WEB Site APM - Denny's Comments

Jump to solution

I have just read a post i wanted to follow through and i found that the links are no longer valid..

the Original link is

I wanted to follow up on Denny's comments but all the links are bad.. is there a update for these links.. they seem valuable..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

I opened a ticket and the short of the long is

Resolution: Orion cannot read the data on a Denied page created by Barracuda, because Barracuda uses Java Script to create it's Denied pages.. We will have to find a work around..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

The links in Denny's post have been updated to their new locations. Refer to the original post to see the updated links.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi John--

Thanks for finding this. I'll research and post the updated links asap.

M

0 Kudos

Thank you.. I am in the process of trying to monitor web sites (our company has not done this yet) and I am bumping my head all over the place.. so any help is a good thing..

0 Kudos

Thank you.. I am in the process of trying to monitor web sites (our company has not done this yet) and I am bumping my head all over the place.. so any help is a good thing..

If you have specific questions about getting URL/Website monitoring working, feel free to post them here in Thwack.  URL monitoring is one of the things we do a whole lot of with APM and I would be happy to try and answer any questions you have.

0 Kudos

OUR goal.. We are using Barracuda as a Web Gateway;

I know we have a particular site filtered.. ie.. naughty cant to there site..

I am trying to create a monitor that will show that we get access denied to 'prove' that it is monitored and not allowed.

I have basically the same monitor "WEB Link" " Generic Web ..." Port 80 and 8080 some using the proxy and some not..

all when i test come back GREEN " Testing on node www.photobucket.com: finished successfully with 'Available' status "

this site is blocked i want to see DENIED... what am i doing wrong..

0 Kudos

When you go to the site using a web browser on your Orion system, are you able to get to it?  When you go to it with your browser, put in exactly what Orion is checking "http://gambling.com:8080" for example.

Also, when you don't use the proxy and you use the default settings such as "http://${IP}:${PORT}/" what happens?

0 Kudos

I have tried this 100 ways from friday.. I have a site we blocked. (photobucket) and  a site that is allowed (HP.com).. The two sites produce the exact same results..  When I access the blocked site via IE.  We get the denied screen.. Barracuda denies it.

But the APM monitor see no difference between sites.. GRRR frustating what am I doing wrong.. ? or does this not care that the site is blocked..?

0 Kudos

I have set the Proxy to yes. and to no.. no difference.. when I access the page via IE. i get this back..

0 Kudos

Can you right click on that page and select "View Source"? Then reply to this post and copy/paste the page source code into the message body and I'll take a look at it and see if we can't figure out why this isn't working.

0 Kudos

I opened a ticket and the short of the long is

Resolution: Orion cannot read the data on a Denied page created by Barracuda, because Barracuda uses Java Script to create it's Denied pages.. We will have to find a work around..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I'm aware of that issue but we can search raw HTML or Java Script on content in the page. Can you post the page source code by viewing it in your browser, right clicking and selecting "View Page Source'? (actual verbiage may differ for different browsers)  Then post the raw HTML in the body of a follow-up post or as an attachment to that post. I'll take a look at it and see if there's something else we can key off of.

As alternative, our new product SEUM can handle what you're looking to do simply and easily out of the box. I recommend you contact your Solarwinds sales rep, or email sales@solarwinds.com to get more information or download a trial and see for yourself.

0 Kudos