This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Volume usage is not available

HI ALL...

I have an issue with my data file ( running out of space ) ...I think it is due to  Volume usage is not available ( It has not been monitored ). How do I monitor this item?

Please kindly let me know the steps that I need to do ( I am new in SOlarwind)

Thanks so Much !

Cheers

• I'll assume you're refering to the SQL database data file. If that is filling then it's likely you are either running SQL Express, which has a 10GB limit, or that the volume where you database resides is too small. If you're running SQL Express and are reaching the 10GB cap, you may way to consider reducing your retention settings [Settings -> Polling Settings], monitoring fewer things and less often, or upgrading SQL Express to SQL Standard Edition.

If you're simply wishing to monitor the volume to ensure it doesn't run out of space, or want to more closely monitor the SQL database itself to ensure that it doesn't run out of space you can do so by clicking on "List Resource" from the "Node Details" for the node that represents the Orion server itself. This of course assumes you are monitoring the Orion server within Orion already. If not, then add it as a new managed node. Select the "Microsoft SQL Server" application and the volumes where the data files reside.

List Resources.png

List Resources Result.png

• Very Great!!! U have been very helpful . My problem solved emoticons_grin.png

Thanks so much !!!

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 7:12 AM, aLTeReGo <