This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

View filters for Down Applications

Hello this is my first post on Thwack.  I have searched on this topic and did not find anything that would help.  My issue is we have QA nodes in Orion and have configured SNMP process monitoring Java. The problem is that when these Applications are showing down it's showing on our view we have created for our NOC.  They would prefer to only see Production applications that are down.  Is there a way to filter only Prod on that view?  When I go to edit, there is no "Filter Nodes (SQL)" option.  All of the QA nodes are set to APM mute = Yes.  Honestly I thought that was going to prevent then showing down without having to filter.

• This can be done using view limitations. You can edit the view you wish to filter by clicking "Customize Page" in the top right of the screen and filter the view by any of the properties listed when clicking the "Edit" button.

View Limitation.png

• The View Limitation seems to be a nice feature however we are using a custom field called Environment and unfortunately this is not an option when I view the filters that are available.  The closest setting I thought would possibly work was System Location however if we decided to change this value to lets say QA with a database update, my understanding is this value will be changed as this value lives on the system itself.  Seems like an enhancement request at this point.

• Custom Properties can be used as view limitations by using the Custom Limitation Builder utility on the Orion server itself.

Account Limitation Builder.png

• Hi

Two issues with this:

1. Adding a Page limitation based on a custom property is not restricting the content being shown in either the Applications with Problems resource or Application Health resourc, with all applications being shown

2. Using the SQL Filter method on the Applications with Problems resource returns an Error when using a filter such as Nodes.Site = 'London' (where Site is a Custom Property) - There was an error while rendering resource with id 3648

Running NPM 11.5.2 and SAM 6.2.1

• The "Applications with Problems" resource can be filtered using application properties such as Application.ApplicationTemplateID  != ’425’.

• Sorry, are you saying it is not possible to limit this resource based on Node level filters, only application?

• Not at all. But you need to reference the Custom Property in the filter in the following way where "City" is the name of the custom property and "Austin" is the value of that Custom Property.

Nodes.CustomProperties.City like 'Austin'