This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrading OS on Windows nodes

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where we're upgrading all of our Windows nodes from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2016. I've upgraded a few nodes, but when I attempt to reinstall the agents through the Solarwinds web portal, it seems to install correctly on the nodes, but does not update correctly on our Solarwinds server. Instead, new nodes are created in Solarwinds. I've been looking for a solution, without success. I assume this is pretty basic functionality in Solarwinds and that I'm just not familiar enough with the system, so any help would be great.

Solarwinds version running on our server: Orion Platform 2017.1.3 SP3, CloudMonitoring 1.0.0, DPAIM 11.0.0, QoE 2.3, VIM 7.1.0, SAM 6.4.0

• magnus852  wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where we're upgrading all of our Windows nodes from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2016. I've upgraded a few nodes, but when I attempt to reinstall the agents through the Solarwinds web portal, it seems to install correctly on the nodes, but does not update correctly on our Solarwinds server. Instead, new nodes are created in Solarwinds. I've been looking for a solution, without success. I assume this is pretty basic functionality in Solarwinds and that I'm just not familiar enough with the system, so any help would be great.

Solarwinds version running on our server: Orion Platform 2017.1.3 SP3, CloudMonitoring 1.0.0, DPAIM 11.0.0, QoE 2.3, VIM 7.1.0, SAM 6.4.0

Magnus, are you doing an in place upgrade of the OS? Or cutting over to new nodes?