cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Upgrading APM license, where do I put the new key?

Jump to solution

I have this under case #137571 that I opened up last night.  I generally receive a speedy response from support, but things have been moving very slowly with this request.  Had I anticipated this, I would have set the priority for the ticket much higher...I have customers and management waiting to have this completed.

We upgraded from the APM AL50 license to the AL100.  I downloaded the installer from the customer portal and ran the installation.  It just did a reinstallation of APM, basically.  When access the web interface in APM, I immediately noticed that we're still at the AL50.  The APM Licensing application only shows the license that's activated -- which does me no good.  The only response I've received in the past 24 hours was:

After the installation of AL100, and installing it, is there a section that prompts to enter register a new license?

From the Customer Portal, it seems that the AL100 is not yet utilized. If the application is installed, but the AL100 license is not activated and registered to the application, it will not do.

Kindly confirm if you are able to do APM licensing and to license your AL100 license?

I don't recall seeing this at all, and I tried to manually generate the license key in the customer portal, but I have no place to enter this key.  If I run the installation again, it gives me the option to change, repair, or remove.  The change or repair options don't allow me to add a new license, and I definitely don't want to remove it.

How do I change the license?

I also tried looking through the documentation, but I either missed something or it doesn't cover anything about a license upgrade.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Database configuration failed:

•  Cannot add index (PK_CustomPollerStatus) to CustomPollerStatus -ExecuteNonQuery failed for Database 'NetPerfoMon'.

Wajahat, it seems that your problem is related to database, not licensing. Please open a support ticket.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 7

Brother I need support on this ....

I  am using windows server 2008 on one server where Application (orion NPM) is installed . And my Database is on other server with SQL server 2008 Standard Edition . I have done all the configuration but when I am running the configuration wizard it is giving the error the error is as mentioned below . Its a week end and I need to resolve this on urgent basis any help will the great

error is

•  Cannot add index (PK_CustomPollerStatus) to CustomPollerStatus -ExecuteNonQuery failed for Database 'NetPerfoMon'.

0 Kudos

got the same error, after restoring the NetPerfmon database from a sqlexpress 2005 to sql 2005 SE instance, just wondering if you found the solution?

the PK_CustomPollerStatus already exists in the database

thanks!

0 Kudos

got the same error, after restoring the NetPerfmon database from a sqlexpress 2005 to sql 2005 SE instance, just wondering if you found the solution?

the PK_CustomPollerStatus already exists in the database

Expand the table called dbo.CustomPollerStatus
Expand Indexes
Delete PK_CustomPollerStatus (highlight - right click - delete)
and rerun the configuration wizard.

0 Kudos

Wajahat, it seems that your problem is related to database, not licensing. Please open a support ticket.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Are you using windows 2008 R2?

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am having similar issue. I have a demo version for NPM, NETFLOW, and NCM. I purchashed 2,000 licences and I can seem to be able to put my serial codes. I created a case number 140836 and I was send some PDF file with steps that I don't have on my system.

It's very frustrating following the written instructions as they are not clear or especifc to the product version. Customer support doesn't follow up on their tickets bad support.

Where are the step by step instructions on how to register NPM 9.5.1, NCM 5.5?

I noticed there are lot of questions about this topic. may solarwinds needs to focus on fixing the registration process.

0 Kudos
Level 13

You should be able to use License Manager to upgrade your APM license.

http://www.solarwinds.com/support/licenseManager/Help/LicenseManager.htm

Mr. Clark, this worked.  I appreciate your help.  Initially, APM wasn't showing up in the license manager but a few things happened since I last checked: I installed NetFlow, I rebooted the server, and the license manager seemed to have run some update (or reinstalled because I hit the wrong menu item).  Nonetheless, it is working and I have been able to get things done.

Thanks, again, for your help.

0 Kudos

I have having a similar issue.  I cannot use the License Manager because this network is closed with no internet connection.  How can I remove the 50 licenses and install and activate 1000?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

mnrs12,

When you click 'upgrade' in License Manager, are you not presented with the 'no internet option?'

Follow that procedure to upgrade/license APM on a server not connected to the Internet. You will need a laptop or some other computer so that you can copy some information between the SolarWinds web site and your NPM/APM server.

0 Kudos