This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade to powershell v3 break SAM/Orion on win2008r2Sp1?

Want to upgrade from powershell 2 to 3 on our main and additional pollers to take advantage of invoke-rest and web methods. These Orion servers are running win2008r2 sp1. I thought the Orion installer required .net 4.51 but was unsure if the windows management framework upgrade could break orion core, SAM, and/or our existing powershell templates.

Thoughts?

• SAM Orion requires a minimum version of .NET Framework 4.0. PowerShell 3.0 is fully supported by SAM. PowerShell 2.0 is just the minimum requirement for Remote PowerShell.

• Thanks - any concern of some additional pollers having powershell v3 and others v2 - my early requirements only pertain to one site and would rather stage it?

• Not really. The only concern is that you may write a PowerShell script that requires PowerShell 3.0 and assign it to Poller "A" where PowerShell 3.0 is installed. That's fine, but then you may assign that same template to a node on Poller "B" that only has PowerShell 2.0, or you may move the node from poller "A" to poller "B". In either case the polling would fail because PowerShell 3.0 is not installed. That's really the only caveat I can foresee.