cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Product Manager
Product Manager

Upgrade License?

When will those of us with AM licenses receive APM upgrade licenses? I currently have 10 days left on my current RC/GA build.

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Level 7

I've had the worst possible service from Customer Service this week regarding the new APM. It took four calls to customer service to get them to update our portal with the new APM. The first three calls they did incorrect things like reset the license for the v8 Application Monitor.

The fourth call resulted in the actual download for APM v1 being added to our portal but they did not include the download needed for our additional web servers.

I called Support next and asked what was needed for the additional web servers and was told nothing. This is obviosly incorrect. So I opened a ticket via the website three days ago asking for the link to be provided in our portal. There has not been a reply yet to the ticket.

I just called and talked to Customer Service again to ask them to update our portal for the APM Web Console and was told they would email me the link. The link I received was for the Orion addiditonal web server download and not APM Web Console.

My questions are why doesn't Support know what downloads and files are needed for APM? Why does Customer Service act like they have never heard of the Application Performance Monitor? And why does Support ignore tickets for Customer Service related issues submitted via the website.

This is not the first time I've had a ticket submitted via the website for a license releated issue just get completely ignored.   

0 Kudos

The reply may have bounced or gone into a spam filter perhaps. This can happen with the ticketing system we use. As for the provisioning, this has turned out to be a tricky situation based on how renewed maintenances occurred for one. We are aware that some accounts are getting provisioned correctly regrading licenses, yet the actual downloads are not present in the portal. Unfortunately this is being approached on a case by case analysis -

0 Kudos
Level 19

You have an upgrade license now.  Go to your portal and download the GA version.  Install it over the APM eval and license it.

0 Kudos

Upgrade license?  We beta'd APM, have an active AM maintenance agreement and heard nothing about an upgrade path.  Our sales rep hasn't mentioned anything about it either ... but was happy to give us a quote for a few thousand $$.  On top of that, we tested the final RC on our production system as requested by SW who assured that it wouldn't impact the production system - now the eval key has expired and we can't get in to Orion at all.  What gives?

0 Kudos

Upgrade license?  We beta'd APM, have an active AM maintenance agreement and heard nothing about an upgrade path.  Our sales rep hasn't mentioned anything about it either ... but was happy to give us a quote for a few thousand $$.  On top of that, we tested the final RC on our production system as requested by SW who assured that it wouldn't impact the production system - now the eval key has expired and we can't get in to Orion at all.  What gives?

gnewt, you should contact Customer Service.  Your issues are related to your particular account.  It sounds like there's an error there, and there's not much we can do for you here on Thwack.

0 Kudos

APM doesn't appear anywhere in my portal. Should I contact Solarwinds Customer Service tomorrow during normal business hours?

0 Kudos

I'm in the same boat - no APM in the customer portal - after contacting SW Support I was advised that they didn't know when it would appear but to keep monitoring the portal. To date, still no APM even though I am licensed for AM & received the email advising of the free upgrade offer?

0 Kudos

Please

I'm in the same boat - no APM in the customer portal - after contacting SW Support I was advised that they didn't know when it would appear but to keep monitoring the portal. To date, still no APM even though I am licensed for AM & received the email advising of the free upgrade offer?

Kenny,

Sorry about that.  Please call again, but go to Customer Service.  This is a systems snafu on our part.   

0 Kudos

I also have no APM in out Portal page.  I have opened a ticket (33269) but haven't heard anything.  I have also had problems in the past with other add-ons that still do not appear in the Portal.  The last ticket (when i was trying to get the new netflow add-on) I was given a direct link, rather then the portal page being fixed.  What gives?

:::Edit::: my mistake.. it seems we no longer have maintenance on this.. we get expiration notices for everything else....

0 Kudos

Thankfully in these forums no one can hear me scream, but screaming is exactly what I'm doing!  After four phone calls to customer service and spending 30-45 minutes on hold each time, I've managed to waste an entire day trying to get an APM license. Alyssa sounds like a dear sweet girl, but from my prospective being on the other end of the phone it seemed like she could use some additional help in customer service. My problem is simple. I clearly have maintenance for APM until 2010 but I have no license available in my portal, and no link to download the full version.

Can somebody help me please?

0 Kudos

Sorry you're having problems.  I've escalated it. 

0 Kudos

Thanks Denny. I appreciate you escalating this for me.

0 Kudos

This is what showed up in my portal today after a conversation with Customer service. Can anyone tell me if this is APM or just the web components needed for my additional web server because this is the only APM download available to me in my portal.

0 Kudos

That looks to be the installer for the additional web server. 

0 Kudos

That looks to be the installer for the additional web server. 

That's what I was afraid of... (grumbles, and picks up the phone to call customer service again)

0 Kudos

Jeremy-

Looking into this now. Check again in your portal. Can you see the correct module?

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. All is right with the world again. 🙂

0 Kudos

That's good top hear. We apologize- for the glitch.

0 Kudos

When will it be available to the rest of us. When I looked today, I see two instances of Orion Application Monitor - v8 Version 8.5 September 2007.

Is one of them supposed to be the new APM?

0 Kudos

No, the new one should read APM 1.0 Feb. 2008. - The provisioning is occurring as fast as they can be allocated. If you are expecting this asap you might contact customer service by phone.

0 Kudos