This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Understanding BES SERVER Results

Hi all,

Does any one know in what type of format is the following MIB:

besUserHealthLastErrorTime ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.3530.5.30.1.11 )

e.g. I add this MIB to my BES Server and it returns this value: "1295230437" the description says that this should be in a DateTime Format but i do not understand this value, maybe it is in milisecs or sec.

Can anyone help me to figured this out??

Thanks.

Regards,

HHQ

• Datetime is a count from a set reference time, usually Jan 1, 1900. It is a string where the forst 4 bytes count the days since the reference date and the last four bytes count millliseconds since midnight, today. The raw number will mean nothing but SQL will translate these according to the SQL correlation and language settings.

• HHQ,

It's returning a EPOCH time stamp.  EPOCH time is the same as UNIX time where it counts up the number of seconds from January 1, 1970 (Zero) to current time.  You can find EPOCH converters on the web, I used this website to get a result from your return value of "Mon, 17 Jan 2011 02:13:57 GMT".

You can attempt use 'transform results' within the UnDP to change it to regular datetime but I'm not sure if there is a function to do that as I don't have a install set up right this moment to check.  This is likely unnecessary as Andy pointed out that SQL may convert it for you.