cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Undefined status for SQL Server 2005 WMI application

Jump to solution

I am attempting to assign the SQL Server 2005 WMI template to a server and some of the component monitors are returning a "failed with undefined status" result. The SQL Server Process and Browser components are passing. Also, the SQL Server Port is failing with a message of "not available" because the connection over port 1433 was refused.

Any ideas on what is causing the problem?

See screen shot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

We battled this (on a bunch of services).

Basically, we found that if it is a WMI based poller, you need to have WMI running, RPC running, AND RPC Locator running.  Otherwise, you'll end up with unknown statuses.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

I know I am digging up the past, but did you ever get this to work?

0 Kudos

We battled this (on a bunch of services).

Basically, we found that if it is a WMI based poller, you need to have WMI running, RPC running, AND RPC Locator running.  Otherwise, you'll end up with unknown statuses.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

That didn't work for me, for SAM 6.2.2, SQL Server 2012 SP2, SQL Server 2012 Performance (WMI) template. Only four component monitors test as "up", the rest - "unknown". Three services pickerin mentioned are running, including RPC Locator. Anyone found a solution?

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 3.11.11 PM.png

0 Kudos
Level 15

See if the suggestions in the following post offer any possible solutions.

Negative WMI Counter Values

0 Kudos