This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to Delete Individual Component Monitors in Latest Version

FormerMember
FormerMember

Since updating to the latest version of APM I have noticed one glaring problem - I can no longer go into a APM policy and delete an individual component monitor that is not working.

Steps I follow withou success repeatedly:

1) Click Edit Application Monitor

2) Click the delete button next to the specific monitor I wish to delete (this does cause the monitor in question to leave the screen after the first refresh)

3) Click submit

Each time I do this it returns me back to the Node page without actually deleting anything.  If I click Application Monitor again, the item I deleted is still there.

If I change the threshold settings for a specific monitor, this DOES work.  Just not deleting the whole thing.

This is quite frustrating.  Has anyone else noticed this happening to them in the latest version?  Are there any fixes or workaround s I can try?

• Please note if you have additional poller you need to update same version on all pollers. 

Replace following files and run a repair on APM from Add/ Remove programs 

Once done try to unmanage application and re manage to check the APM status is correctly updating. 

and try to delete again . let me know if this corrected the issue. 

REPLACE JOB ENGINE
    1. Stop all Orion services from Orion Service Manager.
    2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35.sdf file and rename it to JobEngine35_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobEngine35.sdf.
    4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
    5. Right click on properties of the JobEngine35.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE JOB TRACKER
    2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker.sdf file and rename it to JobTracker_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobTracker.sdf.
    4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
    5. Right click on properties of the JobTracker.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE POLLING COLLECTOR
    2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\PollingController.sdf file and rename it to PollingController_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\PollingController - Blank.sdf one and rename it to PollingController.sdf.
    5. Right click on properties of the PollingController.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.
    6. Restart all Orion Services

How to Repair Job Engine
    - Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.
    - On a 2008 system, this will be under C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers.
    - Run the Jobengine.msi and select Repair.
    How to Repair Job Engine V2
    - Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.
    - Run the Jobengine.v2.msi and select Repair.

How to Repair Information Service
    - Run the InformationService.msi and select Repair.

How to Repair Collector Service
    - Run the CollectorInstaller.msi and select Repair.
  • I also have just upgraded to 4.2 and have found that I cannot delete whole templates that I do not need. There is no delete button on the toolbar it looks like it is not drwaing the page correctly, have done what you said above but looks like I need to log a support call very odd.

• There is no delete button on the toolbar

If you are using IE9, please try switching to different combination of "Browser Mode" and "Document Mode" (can be changed in developer tools - F12). I am not sure but I think that Browser Mode "Internet Explorer 9" caused bigger distance between toolbar buttons and "Delete" button was hidden behind toolbar edge. Another option is trying another browser.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to GoldTipu

Well, I wanted to move my Orion server anyway so I went ahead and rebuilt it last night on a new VM.

Afterwards, I still experienced the same issue in Google Chrom but FireFox and IE both worked to delete.  And then Chrome started working.

So I have no idea how to explain that.  I had tried both Chrome and Firefox previously.  I cant deal with IE because it asks me if I want to install the plugin after every click.

In any event, I guess this can be marked as fixed but I am pretty confused as to what happened...

• Google Chrome is not officially supported in APM 4.2. We hope to support it in future versions of APM but currently there are known issues with the Chrome browser and APM. I regularly use Chrome but manage APM using Firefox.

If you want to disable the ActiveX prompting for Toolset Integration when using Internet Explorer click on "Settings" in the top right of the screen and go into "Manage Accounts" under the "Accounts" section. From Manage Accounts" select the account you use to login to Orion and click "Edit". The 8th option on the screen should be called "Allow Browser Integration". Change this from "Yes" to "No". This will disable the ActiveX control and you will no longer be prompted when using Internet Explorer. Hope this helps.