This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Troubleshooting HTTPS monitor search string

I am having difficulty with the HTTPS string search and I can't seem to find a way to determine what is actually happening. I've created a number of HTTPS monitors that check strings and most of them work without issue, but there are a couple of them that seem to fail no matter what I search for, but they pass if I put no string in there, but I have to search for a specific string to ensure the page is working as intended. If there were any way for me to see what the actual returned data is on the monitor, I might be able to figure out what's actually happening. Is there a way to validate what data is actually being returned to SAM by the HTTPS request?

• edit the application, click on Advanced:

app debugging.PNG

set debugging to on and input a good number of files to keep for your environment. (running TEST on component will log after you save/save and continue).

on the polling engine, go to:

C:\programdata\solarwinds\Logs\APM\ApplicationLogs\appID<appId>