This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trial version discovery

Does Trial version discovers the complete IT infra or till certain hosts limit

• Hi  

I don't think you have a limitation as such if I am not wrong, but please remember a couple of things:

1. Trial version is only valid for 30 days.

2. When we talk about SAM its always that we refer to number of components that we monitor rather than the nodes, from what i understand with latest version of SAM 2020.2 it can go upto 40,000 component monitors

3. If you are talking about nodes/hosts, as in how many nodes/hosts can i add using this - then i would say max 12,000 nodes.

4. But then with trial version i am sure you would use a SQL Express (free of cost), hence I don't think its a good idea to discover everything using a trail version (unless you have a SQL Server hosted else where which you can use for your trail) - You would definitely have performance issues on your trial box if you stand up everything to test. 

Hope it helps, good luck with your demo 

• Hello Vinay

I need some information abou the installation of orion products 

Can we have centralized or decentralized installation of orion products if we have offices at multiple geographies?

•  

Hi, sorry for the delayed response.

Definitely yes.

1. Check out Additional Pollers, you can place additional pollers which is spread across geographically, the only thing that you need to make sure is, it should be able to talk to your Primary Poller and your SolarWinds Database that's all. 

2. You always have an option to buy Additional Web Server, you can use your Primary Poller + Additional if you want to open your GUI from multiple regions.

3. You also have an option to have an EOC, in case you have multiple Primary Pollers you can use EOC as a unified console.

4. There are several options available based on what you are looking for, but i guess you are looking for point 1 for now.

Hope it helps.