cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

TMG Firewall Service "Active Sessions" monitoring not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are using Orion SolarWinds product for network monitoring and though configuration seems to be all OK due to some reason we are unable to see Firewall Service "Active Sessions"  for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 monitoring.

I have checked on the TMG server and information is visible in the TMG performance monitor.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

Please make sure that you have latest hotfixes applied on your TMG 2010 installation. There was issue with certain performance counters fixed by "Rollup 4 for Forefront TMG 2010" that I believe can be related to issue you are observing, There is also possible workaround monitoring these counters via WMI. For more info see Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 app monitor issue...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 13

Please make sure that you have latest hotfixes applied on your TMG 2010 installation. There was issue with certain performance counters fixed by "Rollup 4 for Forefront TMG 2010" that I believe can be related to issue you are observing, There is also possible workaround monitoring these counters via WMI. For more info see Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 app monitor issue...

View solution in original post

Thank you everyone, we have Roll-up 3 installed at the moment and is definitely worth applying Roll-up 4. Will update as and when done!!

0 Kudos

Well,

First thing, its Microsoft.

You might is if there is a MIB for that variable, Test your connectivity to and from your solarwinds and TMG, not sure how the information would be delivered or pulled to the solarwinds server. 

I have never worked on a TMG before so I am not familiar with it.