Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 15

Starting a new services in my company.

Jump to solution

Guys hello. How are you?

Enable as services SAM  for customes.  I think in to create a server in my office and offer the package this services, for not to have large cost initially.

Someone who has worked this way can give me some recommendations.

Thank you for all.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi cjfranca

Well, I suggest to have both options available as packages; For example, basic monitoring to include Machine health details, volumes, and 1 or 2 processes, and advanced monitoring to include basic monitoring plus 1 full monitoring for the application running on the machine, or you can have more packages...

But I suggest to give your customers a demo for the differences between the two since the pricing will be much higher for advanced monitoring, since if your customers choose advanced monitoring, you will be able to fit 3 machines only in the license you will buy (150 components), if let us say your customer has exchange and SQL machines.

I also suggest that you use additional web server if you don't want to publish the Application machine and provide your customers an online view for their equipment with defined views, as this will be an added value for your customers to check up on their equipment in real time.

There are many options on how you can proceed with this, and best of luck.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Level 9

Hello cjfranca​,

In order to accomplish well the service, create a questionnaire that I believe will help you plan well this service.

- Consider the reachability of the customer's nodes; are you going to monitor public VMs or VMs with private IPs? public IPs will be easier to monitor since you don't have to establish VPN connections and less network restrictions.

- What monitoring type you will use? WMI, SNMP, agent-based? For me I prefer agent-less monitoring, but it requires additional configuration.

- What type of service you will offer? this is very important to answer, because as you might know SAM licenses are components based, and the highest cost is in the licensing model you will use; for example, Microsoft exchange requires 50 licenses, Microsoft SQL requires 50 licenses... If you decide to provide basic monitoring or process based monitoring it will cost you much less licenses, but for sure you will not get the in-depth monitoring provided in the full monitoring.

- As aLTeReGo​ suggested, create 2 machines; one for Orion App and one for Orion DB for future scalability and better performance.

I hope this helps and good luck in your new service.

0 Kudos

Hello ned1

Thank you for your time in to answer me.

The monitoring will to be VM private and publics, ifcustomer to need.

Monitoring type is SNPM and WMI, but if the customer need more security in think agent for windows is better.  I know about configurations details.

About services, this is my great questions and I now studying this.

I know the I appInsight have a different license, I think this templates the monitoiring need to be for components.

What do you recomendations to monitor complete or components. ?

In frist momento I buy the 150 monitor to lincense. And a server for  2 VMs for ( DB server and Orion server).

I thank you, for help me.

0 Kudos

Hi cjfranca

Well, I suggest to have both options available as packages; For example, basic monitoring to include Machine health details, volumes, and 1 or 2 processes, and advanced monitoring to include basic monitoring plus 1 full monitoring for the application running on the machine, or you can have more packages...

But I suggest to give your customers a demo for the differences between the two since the pricing will be much higher for advanced monitoring, since if your customers choose advanced monitoring, you will be able to fit 3 machines only in the license you will buy (150 components), if let us say your customer has exchange and SQL machines.

I also suggest that you use additional web server if you don't want to publish the Application machine and provide your customers an online view for their equipment with defined views, as this will be an added value for your customers to check up on their equipment in real time.

There are many options on how you can proceed with this, and best of luck.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help and clarifications. 

I thinking rigth how to proceed.

More time, thank you for your attentions.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Using SAM as an MSP (Managed Services Provider) is actually fairly common. Typically the Orion server and SQL database reside either at the MSP's office or in the cloud (Amazon EC2 or Azure VM). Agents are then commonly deployed to servers monitored at each of the client locations. Those are usually the first major steps.

aLTeReGo​  thank you for your contributions.

0 Kudos
Level 15

Radioteacher

adatole

aLTeReGo

Any another thwackers.    Can help me, please. ?

0 Kudos